Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Is Mrs. Threadgoode ill?

page 250-280/ August 10,2010
Reading Response #9
I have began to wonder of Mrs. Threadgoode is living in the Rose Terrance Nursing Home because she ill with a disease like Alzheimers. I believe that people may tell her that she is living there until Mrs. Otis adjusts to her new surrounding but I do not think that is the truth. Mrs. Threadgoode numerous times has put her clothes on backwards however; no one has the heart to tell her. Also, Mrs. Threadgoode may tell a story about when she was younger but then goes on to say something like “I told Cleo just the other day, I’d like for us to ride the train to Memphis and back so I could see Jasper and see what he’s up to. He works on the dining car.” Cleo has passed away many years ago but sometimes talks about him as he is still alive. Mrs. Threadgoode often mistakes and forgets what time period she is living in. There have been countless times when Mrs. Threadgoode has told Evelyn that she is nearing the end of her time and spends each day as if it is her last so she will have no regrets. I believe that Mrs. Threadgoode is very ill and knows it but does not tell other people. However, she is not the type of person to just lie there and wait to die; she takes advantage of everyday that is given to her and that is very admirable.

No comments:

Post a Comment