Tuesday, August 10, 2010

African American Women

page 281-311/ August 10,2010
Reading Response #10
While visiting the Martin Luther King Memorial Baptist Church one day Evelyn Couch thought, “But then, she had always admired them, their strength and compassion. She had always wondered how they could love and care for white children and nurse old white men and women with such gentleness and care. She didn’t think she could have.” This statement really stuck out for me. It is true, I do not think that I could care for the people that abuse and kill my family as the African American women did back then. It must be hard to put on a happy face when they were around them but I am sure that they knew if they did not put on this face, they would get in trouble with their “owners”. I think it takes great strength for these women to do what they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment